How To Gamble Responsibly.
At the Guide to London Casinos we are committed to gambling responsibly. Gambling is entertaining and exciting: everyone should be able to gamble like any other pastime, but it should not negatively impact upon their health, work, studies, relationships, or finance.
Problem gambling can affect anyone regardless of their age, gender or race. It is excessive gambling which encroaches on the rest of your life. People who have a gambling problem often borrow money from others to gamble with or get money in ways which compromise their personal values. It is common for people to deny that such a problem exists and they may suffer from depression because of the direct consequences to their personal relationships, work, studies and finances.
Gambling is much more fun if you take the time and trouble to set your self financial and time limits and make careful decisions about each bet. Always know the odds of the games you are playing before you start. Always make sure you are gambling for entertainment. Gambling should never be a way of making money.
If you enjoy gambling there are several ways that you can ensure you are always gambling responsibly:
- Remember that the house has the advantage. One person's big win will always be at the expense of many others who lose.
- Make sure you know the rules and the odds involved in every game you decide to play.
- Assign a budget for your gambling. don't gamble using money assigned for other things like bills, rent or your wife's anniversary present! Leave your credit card at home when you go out gambling so you can't change your mind and draw out more cash. Only gamble with money that you know you can afford to lose.
- Don't borrow money to gamble with.
- Set a time limit for how long you plan to stay in the casino.
- Take breaks from the casino floor.
- Enjoy other leisure activities as well as gambling.
- Never chase a loss. If you lose your allocated pot then quit. Never try and get it back by going over your limit. You seriously risk getting a much bigger loss.
- Don't gamble if you are feeling depressed or unhappy. You won't be able to make rational decisions as well as when you're your normal self.
- Be aware of the symptoms of a gambling problem, detailed below.